• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Humidity during hibernation

Tyler Bevers

I’ve heard different things about this topic so I would like to clear this up. Do tegus need proper humidity while they are down during hibernation. I love the channel “Rose City Reptiles” and he said that tegus do not need humidity while hibernating but I have also heard other things that humidity is still very much needed during hibernation. Would love to clear this up! Thank you!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's a matter of goldilocks. Too wet, and they'll get blisters. Too dry, and skin will crisp and they'll lose more water than they should. eco earh can keep things just moist enough in their hide for the winter, whereas sphagnum will require checking to make sure it doesn't go totally dry.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
So - nothing's easy when it comes to brumation. Except the saving on a few dollars of food. Most people err on the side of dryness. There are good misters/humidifiers out there that will intermittently mist throughout the day. A lot depends on your size of tank, and substrate.

Ask more questions, so the wiseguys on this forum can help more specifically. ;)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We'll start asking ourselves questions, responding to our own answers!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam