• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hygrometer?

TeguPuppy

I ran a quick search and didn't find any reviews, so hopefully this is going in the right place.

I discovered that my humidity gauges in my enclosures all suck. For the Tegus, this isn't a big deal...they are still mostly down, and they have access to a humidity box in their enclosure as well as access to free roam via a flap door I cut, which they occasionally make use of when they want to wake up for a few hours (they typically return quickly lol).

It is, however, a big issue for Libby, my Iguana. As my life continues to get busier, it's looking more and more like that entire spare bathroom will end up being her enclosure (with free roaming privileges when she's bigger, it's on a different floor than the Gu's live on). It's working out, she has more space than she ever would in a cage, she's extremely active and curious, eats like a horse, and generally seems to be enjoy herself... especially when I turn the shower on for a few minutes a day.

Ah, the things you get away with when you live alone...lmao. But...it's hard to gauge humidity in a room vs a cage. And since I just learned that all my pet store hygrometers are garbage, I need everyone's recommendations for something that can handle the job.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ultimately, a sling psychrometer is the the most accurate. Easy to use. Downside is that its readings aren't automatic. If you shower in tbe spare bathroom, that ought to hold humidity pretty well depending on construction, etc. But be careful of mold. The air has to move.

Waters

Some of the gauges that come with the mister systems (like MistKing) are pretty good. Just have to make sure you mount them in the right place. Too close or too far away from the misting nozzles causes problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneboy88