• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ideas needed for 60gal setup

dorton

5 Year Member
I have been trying to decide what should go in my 60gal setup. I thought about beardies, uros, and about 500 different things.
I am open to suggestions.
Let me hear it.
Justin

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
How about a viv. with some gargoyl geckos or my favorite gecko, the Satanic Leaf Tail!

Uros are cool, beardeds..i just see to many around for me to have them lol.

A desert theme with some off the wall lizards like curly tails and swifts would be cool...they are a blast watching them run around all the time.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How about a Blue tongue skink?

You could also do a colony of white's treefrogs.

olympus

5 Year Member
How about a couple scorpions with an ultraviolet light so at night they light up like a christmas tree.

dorton

5 Year Member
olympus said:
How about a couple scorpions with an ultraviolet light so at night they light up like a christmas tree.

I had not thought of that, but I saw some done like that at a recent show and it was awesome. That may be a cool idea, thanks.

PS. Your sig rocks!!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I made that sig!!! Ha I like the Poison Darts idea. I have always been fascinated by them and you can really get into making a neat setup. Black Jungle has some really cool stuff on their webpage.

dorton

5 Year Member
I hadn't thought about the dart frogs either.
That could be a gorgeous setup!
Thanks for the suggestion.

nat

5 Year Member
I kept darts for years and I loved them because they are bold (they won't hide on yah when you walk into the room) and they are dirunal so you get to see them do their thing. Also, their songs are quite beautiful (more like birds then the angry duck noise I equated with my white's tree frogs). The next thing I plan on doing when I have the time and space is setting up another dart colony. They are by far my most favorite vivarium that I have set up so far.

Here is one of my fat p. terribillis from a couple years ago. Man I miss those guys! (the last one died this summer, they were over 10 years old)

4893a42f.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980