• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iguana lost a claw:(

nessanicolle

[attachment=4716]So today i was getting my iguana out of his cage and of course he was freaked out and when i finally got him out there was something wrong with his claw. I was feakin' out.. The end of his finger and claw were almost detached. I mean it looked horrible, it was like mangled and upside-down and only hanging on by a ligament. It was also grey so my dad and I decided to just clip it off. Suprisingly it was like there was absolutely no feeling in it.

Anyway, and precautions I should follow for it to heal?

Much thanks- Vanessa

Attachments

• iguana finger.jpg
    iguana finger.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Do you know how he injured himself in the first place? If you can figure that out and correct it, it will be a huge step.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I use this stuff called Vetericyn on all of my animals for wounds, irritations, fungus, mites, or really anything. Amazing stuff. It is available in liquid spray or gel spray. I get it at the feed store or online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced