• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Im new *Graphic story and pics*

Coupe

5 Year Member
hi, My name is Sean, Im 23 and im from NY.
I had to recently move due to my reptile room (which was in my serparate garage behind my house) being vandilized. Someone had broken and smashed a good portion of tanks and cages, as well as injure 3 of my lizards.
I have a Red/blue Hybrid that was in beautiful condition (no toes missing..nothing!) but now he is missing more then half of his tail. I had 2 Aussie water dragons, but now only have one due to their tank getting smashed. and my mangrove monitor was found in his cage laying half dead.
But now that have moved, everything is ok and healing.
I also have a savannah monitor and a Large female B&W Tegu.
First i have attached pics of some damage to some tanks, and the 2 injured lizards.
DSC04574.jpg

DSC04575.jpg

DSC04576.jpg

DSC04577.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

and now all of them
DSC04592.jpg

DSC04593.jpg

DSC04595.jpg

DSC04600.jpg

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04605.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04607.jpg

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

DSC04623.jpg

DSC04624.jpg

DSC04625.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

oh and here are some of my dog!
he is a 5 month old Amstaff ( American Staffordshire Terrier)
DSC04358.jpg

DSC04357.jpg

Coupe

5 Year Member
Yes, I know who did it. I brought the pics to the police and they didnt even want to see them! They said sense i didnt see them do it, that i cant do anything about it. Even tho that person has threatend me many times before.
So i just moved.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
Coupe said:
Yes, I know who did it. I brought the pics to the police and they didnt even want to see them! They said sense i didnt see them do it, that i cant do anything about it. Even tho that person has threatend me many times before.
So i just moved.
thats too bad. wish something could be done!!
peace

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
wow unbelievable Why some people are so bored in their own lives that they have to cause others stress and grief. Some people think they know it all and have all the answers. They beleive their ideas are what everyone should be thinking. WHat losers. Glad to hear of the survivors and hope your new place is bigger so you can get even more reptiles!! :p Should take a pic of your new set-up and show that jack-@%$ them to rub it in that you're back up and running strong.

Markie

5 Year Member
Omg. This is a perfect example of why I hate people. I'm glad everyone is ok and you were able to move away from that place.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very sad story but all too common .. like the slaughter of the grand cayman blues, or those kids in florida who threw a bunch of laundry detergent in a koi pond, or that australian kid who broke into a zoo and fed a bunch of animals to a salty :( .. Some people just get their kicks hurting animals and causing pain. I'm glad you saved most of your animals and are able to get away from that person. It's hard to believe there aren't some kind of charges that can be brought against them! Anyhow, good luck with the move and keep us updated, you have some great looking animals!

Schnab

5 Year Member
What a shame. Out of all the rotten luck, I'm sorry to hear something like this happened to you and your animals. I'm glade to hear you've moved and that things are re-established. I really hope you blueXred grows a new tail.

Suzanne

5 Year Member
Hi,
I'm really sorry about what happenned to your animals. It sickens me and breaks my heart when I see such cruelty towards animals.

I'm also sorry you didn't get help from the police. The thought that they wouldn't investigate is outrageous. Have you considered contacting your local SPCA or Humane Society? I know that in the US you have tougher animal cruelty laws than we have here in Canada. They may be able to help you.

Schnab

5 Year Member
Yeh honestly. Unless they get to beat somebody down, the police in the states couldn't care less about vandalisme that occured without any witnesses. Try showing those pictures to the SPCA.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
First, welcome to the board.

I am sorry that some A-hole came along and did that to you. Please accept my condolences for your water dragon :( I, too, would show the ASPCA. Maybe they can do something. You know what makes me sick. If someone came in and hurt your kid and vandalized their room, the cops wouldn't care if you didn't see the person, they'd collect DNA evidence and follow the lead you gave them. The first thing they'd ask is if you had any enemies. I don't see why animals can't be valued the same way. A life is a life, in my opinion. - and even if the cops aren't that hot on animals, these animal abusers are FUTURE killers and stuff...why not stop them in their tracks!

My animals are my kids....I'd be enraged...

Okay - sorry for the rant. I am glad you are away from that place and now can raise healthy, happy animals.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I had a 6' iguana stolen out of my outdoor pen and I filed a police report. The officer was very rude saying "What do you want me to do about it". I simply told him, put it on your records because if I find whoever did this, it wont be pretty. He didnt like my attitude. But still... 2 weeks later the iguana was back in my yard with a missing tail and a major case of nose rub. Its sad what people do.

Good luck with everything. For your tegus tail, be careful that it doesnt get infected.

olympus

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that. Those are the types of things that alot of people go through when cruel people don't care...

Coupe

5 Year Member
Yeah my reptiles are my kids! It sad that are sick people in the world. But i will show the SPCA, I dont know why i didnt think of that before. But thank you all for your comments.
Oh and Rehad i had an iguana stolen out of his backyard pen awhile ago to.

Tegu Tank

5 Year Member
thats really ****** up i would really be pissed and said if that happed to me how is he doing now is he feeling better :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980