• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Injured Tree Frog?! Help

fisherman

5 Year Member
Ok, earlier we were sitting on the front porch with some guests and when they got up to leave, I noticed a frog upside down on the step. It's been raining all day to it was nice and wet. I figured it was a toad that one of our cats messed with. Then I took a closer look. The underside of its rear legs are yellow and it has little pads on its toes. I am guessing tree frog, but no clue on which kind.

Anyways, we though he was dead, but after closer inspection, I found he wasn't. But I do think he is injured. To me it looks like he can't move his front legs (they may be broken). His back legs seem to be ok as he can tuck them in close to his body. We had to go away, but before we did, I put him in a small plastic container with a bit of water. I also stuck a chunk of coco bedding in some water to expand.

As of right now, I'm planning on putting him in a 10gal tank and seeing if I can get him to eat some crickets. Any suggestion on what may be wrong with him, what I cna do to help, or if I'm wasting my time?

I'll get pics on later, but any help would be appreciated.

fisherman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602