• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ink-My new B&W/Red tegu.

Skeetzy

Bought this little guy off Laura. He has a small scar on the top of his head, as seen in the first few pics(which are Lauras). Was scrambling to finish the last few things when he arrived. Actually was out running to get a staple gun when FedEx came, so my girlfriend got the excitement of signing for it. But less talking more pictures! If you have any questions on anything about him or the cage let me know!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347380363132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380363132.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380372229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380372229.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380388906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380388906.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380402703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380402703.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380414519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380414519.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380426285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380426285.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380441137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380441137.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347380454321.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347380454321.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 46

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I like the enclosure that's how I want line but not as high but big enough for it to be a permanent and a couch lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Skeetzy

It's honestly not that tall. 35" from the floor, but there's framing underneath to support it, so inside is only about 30". It's in two pieces, so it can be easily transported. Temps are pretty much perfect. For his basking spot I have a 100W and a 65W spotlight bulbs, and on the cool side I have a 150W ceramic heat emitter hooked up to a zoo med thermostat. Humidity is great too. Actually too good. Might have to change the timer so it only runs for a half hour on, then 1.5 off.

I appreciate the comment!

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
I have one of Laura's hybrids too! The daddy Red tegu was my brother's tegu before we rehomed him with Laura. :)
Love the cage, perfect for him to grow into. I would suggest filling it with some more hides and decor so its not so empty, the large empty space may stress such a little tegu out. :)

Skeetzy

I just posted in your thread haha. He seems to enjoy it so far. Ran down into the caves right away, then explored the outside for awhile, stopping to bask for a bit. He ran into the caves when my friends came to see him. Last we seen him, he popped up out of the ground around the back wall.

My only issue is water temp. It feels cold. How do I keep it warmer? Ambient temp is from about 75 - 90 depending how close to his basking spot he gets. It's about 80-85 by the water

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'll keep the posts separate so I don't hijack the thread. Your little guy wasn't the runt. ;) haha I did have a group of larger and smaller though. Actually the one that would be the smallest is the last one to go. The largest is a pretty good sized reddish one.

I wouldn't worry too much about the water. You can put it closer to the basking light. The water in nature is going to be a little cooler than ambient temp as well.

KABIKANO

Kongrats on the new tegu! Ink is dope and his kage is bangin!!! I like it a lot! Reminds me of my old graf breakin days! Keep us updated!

Skeetzy

Thanks guys! One of my close friends loves doing graffiti, and Tha Alumni, so he was excited to do the cage. I love how it came out. Makes the big box in my room more enjoyable to look at.

Ink has been hiding for the past like 20 hours. Been in his tunnels. Last we seen of him was when his head popped through the dirt. We let some ground turkey mix sit on a plate in his cage this morning, but it didn't draw him out. I'm gonna try again in a little. I tried getting him to eat some scrambled eggs yesterday, made from whole range chicken eggs from hare today, but he didn't want those. Probably too overwhelmed still.

Little disappointed to not see him out and about, but I'm thrilled he's putting all this dirt to use. Wasn't fun getting it in the cage. Didn't have my room clean to take the top off, definitely need to when it's time to change it though. Leaning in through the window is no fun.

Skeetzy

Second plate of food didn't draw him out either. He's been hidden all day. Hoping tomorrow morning some food will draw him out.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Perhaps the big cage and new surroundings is a bit overwhelming? He was in a 40gal with a few friends recently.

Skeetzy

Well he spent a good 5/6 hours yesterday going back and forth from the cave to his basking spot and exploring. He was a little flighty whenever I reached in yesterday, but didn't seem too bad. A lot tamer than I was expecting. Today he just stayed hidden. I'm guessing catching up on sleep. Long plane ride for him hahah

Skeetzy

Perfect tegu in my books. As long as he pokes his head out to say hi sometimes hahaha. All my friends keep asking to come see him. I just reply saying I wish I could see him lol

Skeetzy

Here's a video of his enclosure! And my bearded dragon real quickly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrr0ZiluqM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Purple tote is my roach colony. It was the only color Walmart had that day. Went back yesterday to find Grey and blue. Was rather upset lol.

Humidifier is set to full blast in the video. It's normally on about 30%, and runs for a half hour on, hour and a half off. Keeps the cool side between 80-90 and warm 70-80. I need to install a vent though. Little too high of numbers but he's shedding right now.

Basking spot is anywhere from 105-120ish depending where on the wood you go. I need to dig the 120 end a little lower to lower the temp. Has a 100W and 65W spot light bulbs on it. The cool end has a 150W ceramic heat emitter hooked up to zoo med's reptile thermostat. Works amazing. Keeps the cool side, and whole cage at night, at 80.

Oh yeah, door is double locked because the right side has a slight gap that he could push open, so I grabbed another latch just to keep things locked down. And I still need to lower the right UVB light, and fix the wire mess. Just sucks climbing into the cage that far back. Kills my back.

Skeetzy

Still no sign of my little guy. Almost think he went into hibernation. It got rather cold the night he was shipped(first cold night of the year for me), and he was pretty chilled when I took him out of the box. Not sure what else to think. Laura said she doesn't feed them the day of shipping, so he hasn't had food since Monday. Leaving food out doesn't draw him out.

Guess I can't edit posts after 10 minutes... But I tried lowering his night time temps last night. It's usually about 80*, but I dropped the thermostat to sit around 75, hoping the morning heat would bring him around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced