• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introducing Orion

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Yup. No reason why he can't tame down with time though. Just don't force handle him and let him acclimate for a couple weeks before trying to interact with him too much.

TeguBlake

Most arg. Tegus go for 150 nothing less then that, more toward 200 tho... Argentine tegus also have parallel lines on the side of there head going down about 1/3, 1/4 there body. And over time your little guy will be tame. Just takes lots of hard work and dedication!:D

iiLOVExTEGUS

Yea i had an arg like two years ago I paid 170 for but the guy I got him from was leaving on deployment that's why he was getting rid of him so that why I figure the price was so low but honestly he's the devil

And plus columbians are kinda like the bad girls club of tegus there mean hahah

Deac77

5 Year Member
iiLOVExTEGUS said:
Yea i had an arg like two years ago I paid 170 for but the guy I got him from was leaving on deployment that's why he was getting rid of him so that why I figure the price was so low but honestly he's the devil

And plus columbians are kinda like the bad girls club of tegus there mean hahah

That's just a bad rap, columbians can be just as sweet at argentines just mini sized lol I've seen a TON of them that are super sweet I don't truly understand where the mean columbian thing came from sine everyone I've been around is sweet

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Argentines can be found for $100 around June-August.

Your UVB is way too far away to provide adequate UVB for your Tegu. They need to be within 12" or maybe even 10" of the tegu, Check the package they came in. What bulbs are you using for UVB? What are the ambient temps and humidity and how are you measuring them? What is the basking temp and what size/type of bulb are you using for basking? Are the vents closeable, as I don't think they will help, but rather hurt your temps and humidity?

iiLOVExTEGUS

Basking is at 107 other temps range from 92-84 humidity 78-85 using a hygrometer from lowes and a laser heat gun from lowes vents don't close but are facing down so heat can escape as easily but lets air come through (they didn't have any vent that were able to close at the time)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old are the UVB bulbs? The linear fluorescents need to be fairly close to be effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744