• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introduction and Question about new Florida laws.

Retnoo

Hello everyone! I love tegus and have wanted one for about three years now. I finally have the enclosure and time/money available to adopt one. I found a very cute albino argentine morph at a local pet store here in Florida, but I have a few concerns about the laws.

Currently working it out with Florida wildlife, but I may not be able to adopt one. The laws say every tegu has to be tagged and I have to receive a permit by July, but it also
said something about having to have received the Tegu before April. The store owner says he doesn't know anything about the laws besides he has to sell his tegus before July 18th. I'm currently in correspondence with Florida wildlife, but if anyone has input or clarification on that, let me know.
If I can't get a tegu before the ban passes I probably never will. I don't plan on leaving Florida ever.

Retnoo

Sorry - just not sure about the current regulations in Florida - hopefully someone will chime in here!
No worries, figured it out anyways. Turns out I am getting a Tegu. so excited. going to spend this week setting up his juvenile enclosure and then get him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi