• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is anyones tegus getting sleepy yet?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is anyones tegus getting sleepy yet? All of mine but two are down for the count.

dorton

5 Year Member
I haven't decided yet if I want my little guy to to down or not.
What would be the latest?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He will show you signs of slowing down on feeding, sleeping a bunch and staying in his hide more. I have seen tegu hibernate from 3-7 months.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine are down, have been since August. I know little has been researched on this, but would a tegu that has only hibernated 3 months be able to reproduce as well as one that has hibernated for 6 months? Do tegus from different regions hibernate for different amounts of time? I never really thought about this. Answers would be great. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well to tell you the truth, I have never tried to see, I always let mine hibernate until they are ready to come out on thier own.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Well to tell you the truth, I have never tried to see, I always let mine hibernate until they are ready to come out on thier own.

Ah. Ok. Have you had any that came out early, or late?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi