• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is Greg Phillips a Good Seller?

neonandy05

Just saw on Fauna that he has some Extreme x B&W's for sale. I haven't found a whole lot about him, just curious if any one else has. The only thread on here says hes a good guy, but I found another that says he is part of Sacred Skin Reptiles and has had horrible reviews. Thanks for any input.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure there are at least two members here who have bought from him this season and had good experiences.

neonandy05

Just an update. I can verify that Greg is a good guy. Tegu arrived safe, warm, and secure. He looks very healthy. Greg was very good about answering phone calls and texts. He shipped very promptly as well.

Dana C

[size=large]I tried to buy an adult from Gregg a little over a year ago. He wasn't able to ship the lizard for what ever reason and eventually refunded my money but for $20. He is a nice guy over the phone but since he "sold out" of his tegus earlier this year, I would ask where they came from.
You are right about the people he associates with. They have really bad reputations.
I would be very careful buying from him.[/size]

Brittneym

I will be receiving my little male from him early next week. He has excellent communication and has worked with me allot these passed few weeks while i throw the tank together and save up the money. Hes holding the male for me and didnt even ask for a deposit even though i offered one. My phone also decided to stop working yesterday so i contacted him through fauna (my only other means of getting ahold of him) and he still promptly replied and said that everything was okay and not to worry. I will provide more updates as i receive the Tegu :]

Brittneym

Just an update on my dealings with Greg. Not sure if its because of the holidays but he has cancelled shipment for the third time giving various reasons for things not going as planned. The latest reason being that he tried to have a driver pick it up from his house and when he couldnt get one he drove 45 minutes to the fedex nearest him and was 'rejected live animal shipment". He stated he will be trying again tomorrow but if they dont accept the package then he will have to ship after January first. Its good that hes keeping me updated but it is a bit of a buzz kill that I still havent received the Tegu yet after making my payment last Friday (giving him plenty of time over the weekend to call in advance and see if shipment was possible for the coming week) Sigh. I just hope tomorrow works out and I'll have my little one before the new year. I'll keep you updated as i get more info.

Also I'm not sure what to make of it but Fedex sent me an email with a tracking number for the Tegu. This email was sent before Greg messaged me saying that he had to wait till tomorrow to try shipping so im not entirely sure whats going on with that. Could Fedex have sent me the email on accident or should i still be looking on my doorstep early in the morning just in case? im rather confused by this

neonandy05

Same thing happened to me. He did have a delay in shipping, but it was shipped promptly the next week. FedEx did send me an email before it was shipped. I think they send you one when he schedules a pick up. If you check back, it will show when it is shipped.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not speaking for Greg, but this how things for me when I ship w FedEx:

I purchase a shipping label and pay for shipping on-line. That generates a tracking number and email to the customer even before I drop the tegu off at FedEx. Each FedEx hub is different when it comes to accepting live animals. I have a hub 2 miles from me that will not accept contracts such as ShipYourReptiles, etc. So I drive about 30-40 min to the other hub.

This time of year is a bit hectic with the holiday schedules, increased package shipments, winter storms cause air delays, etc.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
laurarfl said:
I'm not speaking for Greg, but this how things for me when I ship w FedEx:

I purchase a shipping label and pay for shipping on-line. That generates a tracking number and email to the customer even before I drop the tegu off at FedEx. Each FedEx hub is different when it comes to accepting live animals. I have a hub 2 miles from me that will not accept contracts such as ShipYourReptiles, etc. So I drive about 30-40 min to the other hub.

This time of year is a bit hectic with the holiday schedules, increased package shipments, winter storms cause air delays, etc.

Laura is right. See my post about December reptile shipping.

Brittneym

I completely understand not shipping at this time based on the points made is Dubyas thread. I just wish Greg would have mentioned itbinstead having other excuses, and if he thought things would be fine and dandy shipping this week then maybe that calls his "years of shipping reptiles" into question? Who knows /shrug. I'm okay with waiting the week of the first. He does seem like a nice fellow though, even sent me a bunch of updated pics of my little guy :) soni am content with staring at those while I wait haha. My little one is quit the porker right now!

Please excuse the horrible grammar as I am not at all used to this iPhone and its correcting ways :mad:

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know Greg and have never had any transactions with him. I was just adding my two cents about how the tracking numbers and emails are generated. :) It does sound frustrating, hang in there!

Brittneym

I am! The week of the first is coming closer and closer so I'm getting excited for the arrival date yet again :pThanks for your input guys!

Cassie

In the event that Greg is still out there, somewhere, attempting to sell tegus I would advise avoiding at all costs.

My own post on the Fauna BOI regarding my experience:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399259

My original BOI post was informative, rather than a warning, however after reading this post (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437815) I have given up any and all hope at getting the remainder of my refund or anything for my trouble. I'm lucky to have the larger chunk of money I'd sent, I opened the Paypal dispute just in time, otherwise I'm sure I'd be out the full amount and not just $75.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced