• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is there a demand for hybrids?

jtrux

5 Year Member
I see lots of talk of them but I rarely see them available and when they are available, they seem to disappear quickly.

If there is a demand, what is preferred?

BW/red

Extreme Giant/red

Red/blue

BW/blue

Etc.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The only ones I really saw that seemed to go fast were the all american tegu (giant/red/blue cross). Honestly hybrids are a varied market. Some people love them others think they couldn't be created as it takes away from the pure population, much like designer breeds of dogs. It also changes from year to year on what is available. Last year almost no reds were hatched and the price rose, blues have always been hard to find due to the small number of breeders, on the other hand black and whites cb price has stayed stable but people can find cheaper ones now that Florida has a wild breeding population.

So basically is there a market, yes. Which one is most sought after and how large is the market, it changes.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It does depend. Some people like hybrids and some people abhor them, like Chlevis said. Personally, I think it depends on the outcome of the hybrid. If it is an attractive offspring, there will be demand. I've seen some hybrids that just didn't excite me, but others loved.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is very true, some hybrids blow me away with the color and look, others are really drab looking.

Skeetzy

I love my b&w/red from Laura. Has oranges on his back that I've never seen on any other tegu. I've seen the stomach orange, but vibrant orange spots is new to me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377891122021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377891122021.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 90

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced