• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this acceptable substrate?

Asheya

Hello!

My two gus are currently on a cypress mulch/Coco husk mix, but I wanted to add some soil/peat moss and play sand to give them better burrowing opportunities. However I can't find anything listed as "top soil" without it having additives like fertilizer or compost. I found these bags or both "organic black earth" (there are no ingredients listed at all and the garden center claims there's nothing in it) and this peat moss from Canadian Tire. If that didn't give it away, I'm Canadian so if you have better suggestions if you're from the US I'm not sure I'll have the same products. I already have play sand, it's just the rest of the mix I'm worried about.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116_184928.jpg
    Screenshot_20190116_184928.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20190115_225546.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 21

Waters

Hello!

My two gus are currently on a cypress mulch/Coco husk mix, but I wanted to add some soil/peat moss and play sand to give them better burrowing opportunities. However I can't find anything listed as "top soil" without it having additives like fertilizer or compost. I found these bags or both "organic black earth" (there are no ingredients listed at all and the garden center claims there's nothing in it) and this peat moss from Canadian Tire. If that didn't give it away, I'm Canadian so if you have better suggestions if you're from the US I'm not sure I'll have the same products. I already have play sand, it's just the rest of the mix I'm worried about.

Thanks!
They both look like they are fine. If any ferts are added, they will list them on the packaging.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602