• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is this stuff alright to use? I got a huge home for him so buying pets smart bedding is gonna cost over 500 lol

Theratking

9448BF83-D1C9-4814-AA07-8E0B9BFE197B.png

Attachments

• 7F2AD1CB-7A4C-4058-9EF8-460592CB7083.png
    7F2AD1CB-7A4C-4058-9EF8-460592CB7083.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 13

Stellalife1

I used to use 1/3 top soil, play sand, peat moss. A very reputable breaker told me to use coconut chips, my tegu is very happy digging in it & I'm very happy spot cleaning with no oder! Holds humidity well also!!

TxTegumama

I love this stuff yes, however I found spot cleaning to be difficult when using 100% coconut husk. Mixing in smaller/finer granulates (sand and peat moss) probably makes a world of difference! Holds water well also for humidity!

Stellalife1

I love this stuff yes, however I found spot cleaning to be difficult when using 100% coconut husk. Mixing in smaller/finer granulates (sand and peat moss) probably makes a world of difference! Holds water well also for humidity!
You don't need to use coconut fiber. Use coconut shell & coil it holds the humidity great and easy to spot clean. You could use the fiber in her humidity hide & her_/his regular hide where it is much softer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced