• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Issue With My Tegu

saucethetegu

I moved to a new house and gave my Columbian an entire bedroom. She has an enclosure that has an opening in the bottom where she can walk out in the room. Half the room is dirt/sand mix with logs, fake plants, 2 large water containers for her, heating area,...well you get it, everything imaginable.

I moved her in Saturday, today is Monday. She has hidden under her shirts since the second she arrived, in the enclosure. She hasnt eaten or come out a single time. I lifted the shirts a couple times to make sure she was ok and she has absolutely no interest in moving.

I would welcome any thoughts and advice

thanks

saucethetegu

heres most of it, I have expanded it a bit more since this pic

n8sFhCL.jpg

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Id say just be patient..... keep going in to talk and just uncovering her a little to reassure her, offer her a bit of food...... Alpha was the same when I changed his enclosure, I find that Alpha is very cautious and assess everything in great detail before he jumps in so to speak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602