• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'VE HAD IT WITH REPTILE DEALERS

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
I've had it with my new tegu, and the deals that I have been getting into recently, my 100% het albino red tail boa was sold for $60, my $20 chubby frog was sold for $10, my rose hair tarantula for free, and now my beautiful monkey tail skink for a columbian tegu
I clearly thought that I was getting a argentine black and white tegu, and this some reptile expert wannabe comes a long and pulls a columbian tegu out, and simply takes the skink, OMG, a columbian tegu that is so wild, is now starting to bite, and tried to attck my dog :evil:
now i came up with a new deal, I am selling this adult columbian tegu for $100, or trading it for a argentine black and white tegu (female) with another $100

dorton

5 Year Member
Why couldn't you stop the trade deal on the columbian if you didn't want it? And why so mad about selling all your others? were you forced to?
Sucks to be pissed about deals gone bad.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont see why you dont call the guy you got the tegu from and get your skink back..That would be the smart thing to do, sense you where getting riped off either way.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
I'm not that kind of person, I'm just way too soft, and nice
plus the guy is all the way from Abbostford, which is like 2 hours away from here
and unfortuantly yes, i was forced to, I wanted to try different herps, and needed to make room for changes, so reptile breeding was one option that I'm starting to getting back into, and i thought i would starting breeding tegus, i have done 3 months of research, watched Bobby's videos on youtube, etc

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im a nice person too..But come on..monkey tailed skinks are WAY more then either tegu,possibly more then both combined...How are you gonna breed/sell reptiles if your are getting ripeed off all the time?

dorton

5 Year Member
If the deal was missrepresented, you have a right to get it back.
You need to stand up and tell them, otherwise they will never know. They may think you are happy with the trade.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
well, breeding your own animals, and selling what you already have is different, i plan on selling, not trading, besides it's just a common hobby that everybody gets into sometime in their lives

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man, that suxs, I am sorry you got took bro. I must agree, I would try to get your skink back if I was you. This guy misrepresented the tegu to you, and for that there is no excuse. I would be taking that two hour trip if it was me. I do hope it all works out for you, and I do hope you get the animals you want. Just watch who you deal with, that guy knew exactly what he was doing.

Colombian gold tegus are $20.00 here on the wholesale lists, Monkey tails are 400.00 - 600.00.

BEN SIEGEL REPTILES-finest quality cb and select imports
2245 WEST HILLSBORO BLVD
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33442 <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
wholesale pricelist for 2-11-08 PH-954-427-8222 FAX-954-427-8683

MISC COLUBRIDS-BULLS-GARTERS-ETC.
BULLSNAKES-cbb-various hets-$25
SNOW BULLS-albino white sides-very nice-$75
AFRICAN HOUSE SNAKES- sub adult to adult - $40
HYPO SONORAN GOPHER SNAKES-$90

MONITORS AND TEGUS
BABY GOLD TEGUS-nice colors-$20

GECKOS
GOLDEN GECKOS- $8

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is no reason to be indimidated by this guy. Call, email or take the 2 hour drive ASAP and get your animal back. The longer you sit on it the less of a chance to get your animal back. What about calling the authorities????

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
SRY, But if you dont go back and tell that guy whats up, I dont feel sorry for you, and sounds like you chose some random horrible person to sell your animals for you, and I dont know why you did that. But if you dont get that skink back, which the guy probably has in his house, your a fool. Get the guy in the phone and get mad!Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã? 

angelrose

5 Year Member
I think you should go back to the man :arrow: right away
all this anger is just going to eat you up and end up making more mistakes ;)

I know gold tegus are cheap but I like them :p

boygenius

5 Year Member
You seemed fine with your Columbian at first even when we persuaded you that you got ripped.

It's not a matter of soft/nice. It's about not sitting here and complaining about it and actually taking the drive to get whats yours.

I know i'm being blunt, but sometimes people need to hear it that way.

nat

5 Year Member
don't forget, there is nothing wrong with calling the guy up and saying that he didn't give you what you agreed to and that you need your monkey tail back. In all liklihood he probably thought he could slip one over on you and is probably turning around and selling your monkey tail for profit. There is no reason to feel bad about asking for what you wanted in the first place.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
This fellow (I won't call him a gentleman) needs to know that you are aware that he pulled a fast one on you. What he did is totally unethical and despicable. He's an adult that took advantage of a kid's inexperience. If you were my child I'd be getting involved and going to him myself to get your pet back. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Please remember that not all reptile dealers are crooks. Before you purchase (or trade) again please research the animal that you are considering, ask for photos, ask where the dealer acquired the animal, etc. Ask for advice from a knowledgeable adult.

If I had been making a similar trade, my PTS for an Argentine Tegu, there would have been some cash coming my way also.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am with Jif on this, she 110% correct.

Who is this guy, and what name does he use for his business?

COWHER

5 Year Member
Jif is Right bro and so is everyone else!! get whats yours!!! I feel bad you got ripped off but if you sit back and let it happen then I dont feel bad in the least!!! Get your monk tail or get a real arg tegu if you let these kind of things happen to you people will view you as prey and it will keep happening.. Grow some teeth and then show 'em to this guy and get what you deserve!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i've had it, i'm calling the guy again and maybe he can take the tegu back and maybe find me another or he can just give the skink back, i have no thought about getting the skink back, only getting what i wanted
the guy's name is Mike Hopcraft
and this is his site
thereptileguy.ca
it's not that i'm actually mad at the guy, i'm mad at my self for allowing such trade
thanks guys, i'm going to keep going until something is done right

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am going to do my best to help you with this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108499">http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/ ... p?t=108499</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980