• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jericho is pissed off!!

numarix

The other day when we put him in his new home i made the mistake of adding a plant he used to jump onto the top of the pen and got out. Now he is pissed off, every time i go to pet him while he is in there he hisses which he does very little and runs from me. the house is 6x4x19".

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
He's just angry you foiled his escape attempt. Do you know his age? Some tegus "act out" during puberty and this may be part of it. Tegus are so damn smart and if there's a way out of a tank, a tegu will find it and figure out how to exploit it.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Thats for sure. Mine figured out a way to crawl up the hose for her mister, and then pushed the top of the cage off to escape. When I removed it, she looked at me as if to say, "Aww come on."

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would say it has more to do with him being in a new home. When I moves my tegu into his adult enclosure, I got bit for the first time. Give him a few weeks to get acclimated and he should come around.

numarix

After that i moved the plant out of the pen and added ply wood to the tops so he cant get out but still it was a newbie mistake.

As far as age i have no idea and the sex i dont know ether.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Dude, don't beat yourself up. Everyone who has ever kept reptiles has made mistakes and if they say they haven't they're full of crap. I'm sure Jericho will calm down and things will go back to normal. Don't worry. :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've made tons of mistakes. Just give it some time, s/he will come around again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced