• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Johnnydr

Tannaros

Unfortunately I must take on the assumption that I was "scammed" by a member of this forum, Johnnydr.

I contacted Johnny about his ad putting up his '11 AA Female, here on January 24th. We chatted back and forth about arrangements, and eventually worked out that I would take her. The only form of payment accepted was a money order, and so I sent one out on the second of February. He received the MO and cashed it the 14th, once the MO was verified - he contacted me back that he would use the weather forecasts on the 16th for appropriate shipping temperatures the following week.

Suffice to say I haven't received any form of contact from him since whether it's boards, emails, or even a letter, and he has only logged in once inbetween that time on the 21st. I wanted to give time for him to respond, perhaps something came up or otherwise - but to no avail.

I checked and ensured the address given was real, referenced from Fauna, and throughout various posts here on him and he seemed decent enough. The address now is listed on several sites up for sale, and has been for about two weeks.

I keep hoping that somewhere along the line it'll turn out that this was all just a misunderstanding, though that would be hoping for a lot. I guess I just had to pay for my stupidity and mistake.

Tannaros

laurarfl said:
His house address is up for sale? Did you send a postal MO?

The reason he had originally posted up the ad was because he was graduating, and so would be moving fairly soon. At least that's what I understood. I should clarify, it looks to be a rental property.

I just googled the address and it comes up on a number of realty sites now, whereas before it did not.

I sent a MoneyGram, though I should have sent a postal with a certified letter thinking back on things, as MoneyGram's policy for essentially anything is negligible

Tannaros

Good news,

John and I got into contact last week and scheduled a date for shipment yesterday.

He let me know the tegu was shipped and I received her this morning. The packing was well done and she seems to be in good health.

It looks as though this all might have been a loss of communication due to life issues, but I am glad about how things turned out, and John is a good guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam