• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just Bought A Baby Savannah Monitor From The Pet Shop Need A Little Help

GypsyFromUS

Just Bought A Baby Savannah Mon. Pet Shop Told Me Hes 2-3 Months Old I Have Him In a Zilla 10 G With A 100W Zilla Bulb ( Yes I Plan On Moving Him Into A Bigger Tank And Also Plan On Building His Adult Enclosure) Anyways His Temp Stays Around 80F Pet Shop Told Me To Keep Him At 70-80% Humidity Because Its Still A Baby And No EcoEarth Till He Eats Keep Him On Paper Towels The Thing Im Just Concerned About Is Its 2nd Home And Hes Been Basking All Day And Moves When He Wants To I Threw Gut Loaded Crickets In He Hasnt Ate SInce I got him from The pet shop yesterday. Is This Normal Behavior Because Hes In A New Tank And Place?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
humidity @ 50% for a bosc / savannah its a desert animal and higher temps more like 110 degrees

Could be just nervous taking in all the changes ...... quite usual for reptiles

GypsyFromUS

humidity @ 50% for a bosc / savannah its a desert animal and higher temps more like 110 degrees

Could be just nervous taking in all the changes ...... quite usual for reptiles
Sounds Good Hes Just Getting Done Shedding Im Leaving Him Be For A Couple Days I Switched His Light Out To 100w Daylight Giving Him A Better Temp And Just Keeping An Eye On Humidity I Left Some Crickets For Him Im Also Getting Him A 30 Gallon Tank So He Can Have More Room To Run Around

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980