• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Kamikaze Attacks

COWHER

5 Year Member
i thought this was kinda shocking I never viewed the Kamikaze Attacks as being so 9/11/2001 reminiscent.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9185565231301523821&q=KAMIKAZI+ATTACKS&total=318&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2</a><!-- m -->

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unless it's unexpected, the kamikaze attacks have been rendered obsolete by modern radar and weapons.

Can you imagine the damage flying a commercial airliner into an aircraft carrier could do if they didn't know it was coming???!!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They were something else, sent on a mission knowing you would not return. Thats got to be tough, regardless of the cause.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
They were something else, sent on a mission knowing you would not return. Thats got to be tough, regardless of the cause.
I assume most of them went willingly. Many of our men went on missions were most didn't return, not willingly. That has to be worse.

nat

5 Year Member
I had to watch a lecture on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki a couple of weeks ago... the whole situation (for both sides) was such a horrible point in human history :(

greentriple

5 Year Member
What's even more sad Nat is that we've learned so little, or at least our actions seem to show it. We have contemporary examples of such conduct and the future does not look any better. :(

nat

5 Year Member
indeed. le sigh. What really got me was / is how humanity is completely removed from the equation.

nat

5 Year Member
we're in afganistan right now though I think we have less then 100 soldiers killed. I am of the opinion that we wouldn't have so many wars if corporations and business would stay out of politics (note, I said MOST wars, not all wars)

greentriple

5 Year Member
So, true Nat. When I was around your age I was reading about our violent involvement in South America and Africa. We had the War on Drugs, the War on Communism and now it's the War on Terror. There is always an "enemy" to feed, fuel and fortify the military industrial complex. It's where big money is, has been and unfortunately will be.

As for Canada, well I'd prefer Mexico. Nicer weather, better food and drink and they don't go to war much either. Plus, I speak the language, can't quite figure out "Canadianese" ;)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We need to have a War on Corporations and Politics!! Too much greed and corruption!! Spread the money around! Go Hillary!!! :twisted:

nat

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
We need to have a War on Corporations and Politics!! Too much greed and corruption!! Spread the money around! Go Hillary!!! :twisted:

well that's an easy one. Stop buying stuff. ha ha. or more realistically, stop falling into the trap of "needing" so much stuff. Corporations are only so because they have convinced people they need their product. And yes, we need to war against politicians. Whatever happened to the good ol' philosophers of democracy that insisted that if you simply vote for someone rather than actually participate in the government... you actually aren't participating at all.

god I hope I am not opening a can of worms :p

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nat said:
well that's an easy one. Stop buying stuff. ha ha. or more realistically, stop falling into the trap of "needing" so much stuff. Corporations are only so because they have convinced people they need their product.
The stores (corporations) target women with tempting ads to get them into the store and then place more tempting items at every corner to get them to buy more. Therefore, the spending too much is the fault of the corporations, greedy to make more money! Yes, there are stores that target men!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks like the horse flies around my way during the summer...freakin things will do anything just to get a bite on ya

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980