• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

LED lights

kayesdawn

Can I put a aquafin LED light bar in my tegus enclosure I have a Che in there and a 125 w all in one solar glo light do I need more lights and if so what do I need? I plan on getting a few uvb light bars also

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you're on the right track - but hard to know because there are so many conditions to consider. I don't know what an aquafin led lightbar is - and after looking it up, I still don't ... I couldn't find much about it except in pools, etc.

The UVB is the most important, along with a bask light that provides 110-125 dg for adults, or 90-110dg for juveniles. You have ambient temps to consider as well as the cool side which should be around 70dg. How big is your enclosure? Not a criticism, but I'm not sure if you're overdoing it. If you don't have one, get a temp gun and start aiming at the basic levels. In the end, that's the goal.

Don't forget humidity, constant fresh water, etc.

kayesdawn

Sounds like you're on the right track - but hard to know because there are so many conditions to consider. I don't know what an aquafin led lightbar is - and after looking it up, I still don't ... I couldn't find much about it except in pools, etc.

The UVB is the most important, along with a bask light that provides 110-125 dg for adults, or 90-110dg for juveniles. You have ambient temps to consider as well as the cool side which should be around 70dg. How big is your enclosure? Not a criticism, but I'm not sure if you're overdoing it. If you don't have one, get a temp gun and start aiming at the basic levels. In the end, that's the goal.

Don't forget humidity, constant fresh water, etc.
Ty

Travel21

This is my female Tegu
She's 6 months old
20210102_182544.jpg

Mich lady

Does anyone know if Walter the moderator on here is still posting? I haven't seen any posts from him in quite a while

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980