• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Letting tegu explore

Nikki Gregory

Hi there. So I have had my Gu for about 1 1/2 years. He's about that age as well since I got him around 3-4 weeks. Anyways I have been wanting to let him kind of start exploring my room and what not while I sit on the floor with him. So I was just curious to know other people's experiences with that. Is it a good idea with his age now or should I wait. Any input would be appreciated:)

I have a 6 month old and he’s been all around the house!
He wanders my room with the door shut and wanders the house on a leash (sometimes off it)
As long as there’s nothing dangerous around let em stretch their legs!

brunera

My Oreo is about a year old and she's been allowed out of her enclosure almost daily as long as I'm nearby. You absolutely need to examine the room carefully though before letting them roam. They can squeeze into some surprisingly small spaces. For example, we have a small opening at the very bottom of one of our kitchen cabinets that you wouldn't know was there unless you got down on hands and knees and ran you hand under the bottom edge. We lost her in there behind the kitchen sink for 3 days before I discovered it. Terrifying!! On the other hand, I have a very safe bathroom that she has started walking to on her own and she will often defecate in there, which is much easier than cleaning it out of her substrate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam