• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

light burnt out

ok my monitors basking bulb burnt out and while looking for lights i found a 90w halogen floodlight would that work for a little while till tomorow

Aba Zappa

Just make sure it doesn't make things to hot... halogens do tend to be on the toasty side. If it's replacing a MVB you'll be fine for a day or two...if it's not replacing a UVB bulb however there is no reason it can't be used as a basking bulb, heat is heat. Just be careful cause they are usually pretty hot.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How far away is the bulb from the basking spot? I was using a 45W halogen for my Salvator at about 12" away and it got temps around 140-145.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As long as temps are good, a 90w will work, but will dry the enclosure out.

FYI. Monitors don't need UVB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced