• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lighting uva uvb ?

montana

Most of those coral setups are very bright ..

I would make a new top or whatever you are doing and use light specifically for reptiles

montana

You don`t want to use those small bright bulbs [I don`t care what the manufacturers say .]

A good bulb isn`t real bright ...

herpocrite27

I wouldnt recomend you using anything but PowerSun or a comparable Mercury Vapor Bulb. Its not worth the frustration, vet bills, or harm to your animal. They will look like they are doing fine and then before you know it, you have a bad case of Metabolic Bone Disease. Lighting is one of those things you cant afford to skimp on. P.S. Reptile bulbs only produce UVB for 1 yr, thats just something you need to know and accept.
Good luck with your Gu, he/she will be a monster before you know it.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
You can also use the reptisun 10.0. It's not as good as MVB but it does it's job and is perfect for small enclosures that allow your animal to get real close to the bulb. Only last for about 6 months though. I used it when my tegu was young and I still use it on the cool side of my 8x4 enclosure.

welshghost

thanks for info at moment he is only 20cm and has small tank 2ft long but building new one now for when he gets bigger.them reptisun 10.0. are they the t5 bulb if so i have a 3 bulb station 4 them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602