• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lobster roaches

pythonman13

5 Year Member
would they be a good staple diet for a tegu or a bearded

just asking about both because my cousin breeds beardeds and he owns a tegu which i have been helping care for to get exprence

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your tegu would outgrow them, but otherwise, yes, they make a great staple.

AB^

5 Year Member
Lobster roaches are fine,

They breed like crazy and will eat just about anything you feed to them, though the down side is their size and the ability to climb.
I prefer blaptica dubia and orange heads for feeder roaches.
I couldnt stand my lobster roach colony so when I had finally had had enough, I fed them extremely well for 2 days, then I scooped them all up into ziplock freezer bags and threw them in the freezer until they were all dead (took about 3 days with all the roaches that were in there) then everyday for the next week I would thaw out a bunch and throw them in my tegu's dishes and let them gorge on them, and that was the end of the lobster roach colony.
(if you try this dont leave them in the freezer too long because they will spoil and make sure you freeze them long enough to kill them or else when they thaw they will come back to life, which sucks lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602