• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for a good reputable tegu breeder

Gray

I have been looking for weeks and it seems every site I come across I find terrible horror story reviews one being backwater reptiles which has the best selection I've seen but the far worst reviews. Just finished building a 6x3x3 and eagerly awaiting a healthy addition any help putting me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Pretty sure I wanna start with a baby for my first tegu

Gray

The blues look nice but I hear many are possible inbred. The purples seem kinda gimmicky i have yet to find any pics of an adult purple anywhere so probably just want a black and white Argentine

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The blues look nice but I hear many are possible inbred. The purples seem kinda gimmicky i have yet to find any pics of an adult purple anywhere so probably just want a black and white Argentine
I've heard secondhand very positive reviews of Hector's Habitat and Ty Park.

My three are from Tegusonly. If I had room room for more, that's where I'd get them from.

Cody096

I would also recommend Ty Park. You can see his facility in this video here as well as see unboxings of his animals on youtube, from what i've seen they appear to be in good shape. You can find him on facebook. I also really like what Rodney Irwin at tegusonly.com does as well and i've chatted with him about purchasing a pair and the few questions I've had he was helpful with, he's also the guy that pointed me over to this website as well to learn more. He also jas videos on youtube and his animals seem to be well taken care of.

Cody096

I also talked with GISherps on facebook and even though I couldn't buy a tegu from them at the time they were very helpful and friendly and also had some great healthy looking animals.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I also talked with GISherps on facebook and even though I couldn't buy a tegu from them at the time they were very helpful and friendly and also had some great healthy looking animals.
Hey Cody- I've also heard positive things about GISdherps. I forgot.

Cody096

Ollo Walter, I had nearly forgotten them as well, just that I had messaged a breeder on facebook. Had to go scroll back through it all lol.

Cody096

Unfortunately Underground Reptiles is out of tegus at the moment or I would have recommended them as well. I bought my chacoan from them and was very hapy with the state the animal was in upon arrival as well as them calling me a few times after he arrived to check up on how it was all going.

Gray

Thanks guys I'll look into them hopefully someone has babies left. Are the chacoans what some refer to as giant tegus?

Cody096

Yeah, some consider them to a different locality and I have seen some that are a bit bigger than the black and whites. There doesn't seem to be any scientific evidence that they're really all that different though. Mine is close to 5 months old and he's already about 2 feet long.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, some consider them to a different locality and I have seen some that are a bit bigger than the black and whites. There doesn't seem to be any scientific evidence that they're really all that different though. Mine is close to 5 months old and he's already about 2 feet long.
That about sums it up so far.

Cody096

No problem, I really wanted that red orange but I didn't have enough at the time lol.

Attachments

• received_795787880562779.jpeg
    received_795787880562779.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 58

Travis Hinze

Teguterra.com is by far the best breeder in America and the largest. He sends them all over the world and knows everything there is about them. He handles every one of his tegus and has great customer service! He will call you and check that you are satisfied and encourages you to call him with any questions at all and is glad to help! I am tegus from him and he is great to work with. I highly suggest you use him as you will not be disappointed!! His cell # is 770-883-9102. Call him and you will be glad you did!!! My Cell is # 713-715-8223 if you have any other questions. Thanks!! Hope this helps!
Texasteguman

Beasty

5 Year Member
Look at him now! Transformation of a blue tegu!

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_020803.jpg
    IMG_20161027_020803.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 223

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced