• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for tegus for sale or adoption. Within 6 hours of Illinois

Johnseko

Hello, currently have 3 tegus that are tame and I greatly enjoy spending time with on a daily basis. Not currently breeding just love tegus. Have years of experience with reptiles. Looking to adopt/purchase more tegus. Can provide them a wonderful home. Located in Woodridge Illinois but willing to drive if needed. Thanks

Rodger

Good afternoon John my name is Roger I was just curious are you going to go to the Tilly reptile show on 20 March? I am a new table owner so I may be asking questions I see you from Illinois I’m from Illinois as well if you don’t mind?

ToadHallBetty

if your willing to do overnight shipping, a lot of Tegu owners in Florida may be looking to rehome their Tegus or breeders looking to sell off their breeding stock since Florida has made them illegal in Florida. I would think that looking for forums, Craig's list ... in Florida might be a good place to find a tegu in need of a good home.

Johnseko

if your willing to do overnight shipping, a lot of Tegu owners in Florida may be looking to rehome their Tegus or breeders looking to sell off their breeding stock since Florida has made them illegal in Florida. I would think that looking for forums, Craig's list ... in Florida might be a good place to find a tegu in need of a good home.
That’s a wonderful idea, I will have to check . Thank you.

jocelynmangelli

Hello, currently have 3 tegus that are tame and I greatly enjoy spending time with on a daily basis. Not currently breeding just love tegus. Have years of experience with reptiles. Looking to adopt/purchase more tegus. Can provide them a wonderful home. Located in Woodridge Illinois but willing to drive if needed. Thanks
maybe check out birds and beast petshop in crystal lake they sometimes have them avalible and if they dont they may do a special order to the store just call and ask about it see what they say and the tinley park reptile expo always has them its on march 20th also there is the scott smith animal expo every couple of weekends so maybe check that out if they are still running it

Johnseko

maybe check out birds and beast petshop in crystal lake they sometimes have them avalible and if they dont they may do a special order to the store just call and ask about it see what they say and the tinley park reptile expo always has them its on march 20th also there is the scott smith animal expo every couple of weekends so maybe check that out if they are still running it
I think tinley got cancelled I was looking at their website. Not looking to spend a huge amount of money. Just give them a wonderful home for a fair price and mostly when I see them at Scott smith people are looking to sell black and whites for around 350 and all of my b&w tegus were purchased for around 100 each. Thank you for recommendations though, greatly appreciated.

LizardStudent

Personally where I live, its not uncommon for people to be rehoming tegus on craigslist because they can no longer care for them and they are often cheaper this way. I even saw one being rehomed on Ebay once. But some breeders will sell black and whites for around $150 for hatchlings, it is not terribly uncommon. I would just be careful about the condition one may come in if you get it this way, i.e. knowing if its farm bred or had improper care beforehand

ToadHallBetty

My tegu Little Buddy was wildcaught in Florida. He is doing great and I paid something like $35. for him. (LOL and $150 to get him pit tagged) Alabama also made Tegus illegal and to keep him I had to get a permit.
IMAG0965.jpg

Rodger

Hello I believe the show is closed now, but would be open to talk anytime
John thanks for the reply ... I did see Tinley expo listed .. I did got to the King county show Saturday it was interesting I’m Available to talk as well my number is 773-203-7786 I did see your number come up for you but all of a sudden it went away so feel free to give me a call

Johnseko

Personally where I live, its not uncommon for people to be rehoming tegus on craigslist because they can no longer care for them and they are often cheaper this way. I even saw one being rehomed on Ebay once. But some breeders will sell black and whites for around $150 for hatchlings, it is not terribly uncommon. I would just be careful about the condition one may come in if you get it this way, i.e. knowing if its farm bred or had improper care beforehand
Thanks for all the advice , greatly appreciated. Most of my tegus were purchased from people on Craigslist that couldn’t care for them anymore. I’ll try to look for more breeders. While I love hatchlings I love working with them more while they are in the juvenile/ teen - adult phase.

ToadHallBetty

I got Little Buddy from a herps reptile show in Lucedale Mississippi. We are not far from the Florida State line. I'm going to another show in April, I'll see if I can get contact information. Little Buddy was a tiny greenheaded hatchling, You can also do a Google Search for Florida Tegu to find the gentleman who has a permit capture a sell invasive tegus from Florida.

Ms Marty

Hello. I have an Argentine Black and White male Tegu. He is approx 18 months old. His name is Socrates. Beautiful boy. Available with 8 foot wide x 4 deep x 6 ft tall Grow Tent. Very negotiable pricing. Need to rehome ASAP due to Domestic Changes. Please message me on this site with any questions. I am located 38 miles South of Knoxville, Tennessee. Will not ship. Pick up only please.

f96823f5-2354-4108-8b2a-947db80e5526-jpeg
Hello. I have an Argentine Black and White male Tegu. He is approx 18 months old. His name is Socrates. Beautiful boy. Available with 8 foot wide x 4 deep x 6 ft tall Grow Tent. Very negotiable pricing. Need to rehome ASAP due to Domestic Changes. Please message me on this site with any questions. I am located 38 miles South of Knoxville, Tennessee. Will not ship. Pick up only please.

1f81e7c4-6206-45ce-9314-0eb885a7dc0b-jpeg.15754.jpg

f96823f5-2354-4108-8b2a-947db80e5526-jpeg

7e5f339e-be23-48de-aab2-0c41f4034e06-jpeg.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneboy88