• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking to breed

Éva's Tegus

Hello,

I have been raising wonderful tegus and I am getting ready to breed them. I have pictures attached of my beautiful babies for everyone to see. I want to meet as many other tegu keepers as possible because I love to see how everyone else is taking care of their tegus. I also love sharing the passion for these fascinating animals. I like to discuss research as well in order to know the science behind why we care for them a certain way. Anyway, I am going to post some pics of my guys and my mission for breeding tegus. Please reach out!

XOXO
Éva

Éva's Tegus
-Who we are: A mother and daughter with a passion for learning and appreciating tegus as pets.
-What we are striving for: A community of people with a passion for tegus that are handled and treated well straight out of the egg to ensure a calm, trusting, interactive pet. In addition, to spread information based solely on scientific research articles rather than basing care basics off of internet advice without citations/basis.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/evas_tegus/
Facebook: https://fb.me/evas.tegus
TikTok: @evas_tegus

F26F4F8C-35E3-4E1E-A87F-1C54AD861A4B.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
IMG_5237.jpg
IMG_5440.jpg
IMG_5427.jpg
IMG_5442.jpg

+Feel Free to Message Me on Any Social Media Platform! Let's Talk Tegus!+

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpg
    IMG_5420.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5618.jpg
    IMG_5618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum - good luck with your venture! I've owned 2 wild caught Tegus from Florida (Rodney Irwin's at TegusOnly.com) and I also think they're fascinating animals. Just one caution of advice - don't discount the real life experiences from people that have been involved with these animals for years. Their information may vary, but the underlying foundation seems to hold up and people make their own decisions on what different routes they want to take. For example, we were just talking about free roaming Tegus vs contained Tegus yesterday. You won't find any actual science on that, unless you come to this forum and check out what people have been doing. I enjoy the variety of opinions because you never know when someone will come up with an experience you might have been considering for your own Tegu. Science on the other hand is sometimes scarce, or minimal.

You can count on the members here to be very engaged and serious about their care! I'm sure they'll welcome information from a new breeder. :) :tegu:

Éva's Tegus

Welcome to the forum - good luck with your venture! I've owned 2 wild caught Tegus from Florida (Rodney Irwin's at TegusOnly.com) and I also think they're fascinating animals. Just one caution of advice - don't discount the real life experiences from people that have been involved with these animals for years. Their information may vary, but the underlying foundation seems to hold up and people make their own decisions on what different routes they want to take. For example, we were just talking about free roaming Tegus vs contained Tegus yesterday. You won't find any actual science on that, unless you come to this forum and check out what people have been doing. I enjoy the variety of opinions because you never know when someone will come up with an experience you might have been considering for your own Tegu. Science on the other hand is sometimes scarce, or minimal.

You can count on the members here to be very engaged and serious about their care! I'm sure they'll welcome information from a new breeder. :) :tegu:
I completely agree with you about people's experiences! I want that to be part of my mission too is taking into account what those who are more experienced than us have discovered. I more meant to do research too before people say things about their care. I have found much research out their about wild tegu populations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602