• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lost Tegu Outside!

Crunchwrap

Good afternoon,

Sorry im not too sure where else to turn so new member here! I inherited my cousins 3 year old black and white tegu about 5 months ago and everything has been well and good until last Thursday! During the day he has an outside enclosure that locks and he has never tried escaping in the years my cousin has had him, but I guess last Thursday (1/13) he had enough and managed to wedge himself out (busting out some large staples in the process) while I was at work and I have not been able to find him since.

I live in Florida and do not have a large yard, nor does really anyone in my neighborhood of mostly elderly/retired people. I have done everything from make flyers that have been handed out and posted around on telephone poles, I have checked with a few neighbors and searched their yards, I have posted on every site I could think of for missing pets (nextdoor, Facebook groups, Craigslist) and have already reached out to animal control and FWC none of which have heard anything but did take my information in case they do. I have put his favorite food and even some treats around my yard hoping he could smell them and come back hungry but nothing yet. Today I put up a large animal trap with his favorites near some brush it looks like he would hide in. About a street or two away there is a large wooded area but im not sure if he would have gotten through my back neighbors back and front yard, across the street, through another person's front and back yard then made it to the woods.

I'm not here to be told everything I've done wrong as this was just a freak accident. He has been in enclose for 3 years now and even in my cousins more rural area he lives, never once gotten out. Obviously I know now not to leave him in his outside cage no matter how secure it may seem.

At this time I'm just trying to find advice/ideas I could try to lure him out. Because he got out while I was out at work (the one day a week I have to physically go to work) I can't say an exact time he may have gotten out. Just I feel I've exhausted every resource and idea I could think of and it's been about 5 days without him turning up. I'm just worried about him, especially with lows coming in of about 34 in some areas.

Sorry if this post seemed all over the place, just trying to convey as much information as I can for what I've tried already to help give a better idea.

Acre

I had a male escape a few months ago. He showed up 5 days later. Nightime temps were below freezing. He was a bit mopey for a day, then he was fine. He showed up close to where he escaped - actually at the very spot. All I can recommend is constant searches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980