• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Low White Argentine B & W Tegus?

ShadowLatios

I want to start work on a breeding project soon involving tegus with the least amount of white as possible. If any of you own a tegu with little white, please post pictures below.

TeguPuppy

As little white as possible. It doesn’t have to be all black.
Ask Rod Irwin if he's got anything like that. Typically most of his are black and white with varying degrees of firebelly, but my male from him, Hatch, is pretty dark so who knows if he's got something darker. Also, there's a guy by the name of Domenic that I know of who I've done business with and had great experiences, he seems to know a lot of other reptile people. I know he has red tegu babies right now, but he has a shop and might know of where you can find that, if he doesn't have it. Pm me for links to their ads.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

TeguPuppy

Ask Rod Irwin if he's got anything like that. Typically most of his are black and white with varying degrees of firebelly, but my male from him, Hatch, is pretty dark so who knows if he's got something darker. Also, there's a guy by the name of Domenic that I know of who I've done business with and had great experiences, he seems to know a lot of other reptile people. I know he has red tegu babies right now, but he has a shop and might know of where you can find that, if he doesn't have it. Pm me for links to their ads.

Btw, this is Hatch (not for sale, just trying to get an idea of what you are looking for). Not sure if he's dark enough, his tail is pretty crisp but his dark stripes are wide and his white near his head is more "off white".
8b8ea11b5d2e2cb4f84cf3fa46c74377.jpg

Last edited:

Trede

It does seem mildly odd to me that when I rescued her a few years ago, I was told that she was an "ugly" tegu because high-white was the more desirable coloration. I've always thought she's beautiful, especially her sugar-skull face markings.

Renske

5 Year Member
90040c415d186e695ebac0e928e4f13e.jpg

My melanistic “golden” tegu

c1b5912729a9d29a87958e3134c8a919.jpg

Very dark black and white

And i have something even more dark but will be someting i show next year[emoji108]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
90040c415d186e695ebac0e928e4f13e.jpg

My melanistic “golden” tegu

c1b5912729a9d29a87958e3134c8a919.jpg

Very dark black and white

And i have something even more dark but will be someting i show next year[emoji108]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Very impressive.

MrExotic

e582d01966cb24d0650e5f379b3c7f85.jpg
this is the blackest tegu I ever saw a guy I know has them for sell but not this one this is supposed to be the dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced