• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male or female?

Kara Marie

Could someone please tell me if my female is actually a male?

Attachments

• C5AA6EDA-A8F2-441F-95E7-6240DF674404.png
    C5AA6EDA-A8F2-441F-95E7-6240DF674404.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 1BDE232A-B295-45CC-89BC-24E6329AD534.png
    1BDE232A-B295-45CC-89BC-24E6329AD534.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
  • A1BEB8A0-14B0-48D0-9F07-5FD7EFE071D9.png
    A1BEB8A0-14B0-48D0-9F07-5FD7EFE071D9.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 15

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
The pictures are a bit blurry not sure if it’s on my end though. You want to look for an enlarged scale near the cloaca. If you can’t see it then no worries you’ll definitely find out soon whether it’s a boy or a girl. Boys start to develop jaws just shy of a year depending on Burmation also boys will routinely produce a sperm plug within there bowel movements!

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Especially with Salvator rufescens, DETAIL is extremely important because they are often very subtle, hard to tell in the manner you are attempting. Here's one of your photos again. Everything outside the red circles is pretty much useless information, it will not help us solve what you are asking. The red circled areas we need to see with sufficient resolution so as to discern individual scales. In your photos, there is a complete lack of focus to even attempt this. That CSI technology of enhancing photos to pull fine details out of nothing doesn't really exist, if the information isn't there to begin with then little can be done to get that information. My suggestion is get two people: one to hold the tegu so that those areas can be exposed well, with no skin folding, no legs in the way, etc.; the other to operate a good camera to make sure they can zoom in to those particular areas and get a picture with good resolution. The typical response is most people just try to take the same photos and for some reason hope this time it works. Might as well flip a coin then, it would have as much accuracy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced