• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male red aggression

Mike B

My 1 year old male has been charging at me today out side of his enclosure. Could this be just teen aggression? He has not done this before, and has been friendly. He is about 10 lbs is so.

Dylan koch

10 pound 1 year old wow! Did he not hibernate within his first year? It very well could be hes going through puberty!! Tegus specially males can act very very different and aggressive and angry with mood swings during their tegu puberty! It happens to all tegus. 1 of my 2 red males was pretty bad and lunged during his. And my male 100% get blue ice I think is currently going through his! He doesnt act aggressive but has been super moody not liking the base of his tail touched and if I do starts whipping me and does it when I hold or carry him n touch it! And now doesnt stay still when holding or carrying him unless I rub his jowls with one hand while holding or carrying him! He instantly acts like an angel! But sounds like that's what your dealing with! Sounds like territory aggression. But not sure if you knew but dont be afraid or jumpy it will activate a prey response. Like of you flinch while near his mouth

Mike B

10 pound 1 year old wow! Did he not hibernate within his first year? It very well could be hes going through puberty!! Tegus specially males can act very very different and aggressive and angry with mood swings during their tegu puberty! It happens to all tegus. 1 of my 2 red males was pretty bad and lunged during his. And my male 100% get blue ice I think is currently going through his! He doesnt act aggressive but has been super moody not liking the base of his tail touched and if I do starts whipping me and does it when I hold or carry him n touch it! And now doesnt stay still when holding or carrying him unless I rub his jowls with one hand while holding or carrying him! He instantly acts like an angel! But sounds like that's what your dealing with! Sounds like territory aggression. But not sure if you knew but dont be afraid or jumpy it will activate a prey response. Like of you flinch while near his mouth
Hi Dylan, yes, he is massive. He did brumate for about 2 months, and came out with an appetite. He will only charge me out of his enclosure at this point. He came screaming across the room and instinctually, I jumped on the table. . Hard not to flinch when you have a tank coming at you. I think it’s Guberty too. He isn’t aggressive outside this time. He has been friendly and investigative.
How old are your Gu’s?

Attachments

• AC19030A-D499-4887-B584-2EB2F2266DB1.jpeg
    AC19030A-D499-4887-B584-2EB2F2266DB1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny