• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Meet Gaston

Mother of dragons

New to tegu’s not reptiles but food links tips tricks and how to are welcome
208CA7C8-82FD-4091-B265-FBC73A86FFF6.jpeg

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Gaston is a beauty!! I'll never get over the beauty of a young Tegu. Love the name!!

Agree with Nicodemus on food - but I'd add that as soon as frozen/thawed pinkies can be introduced the better. Don't forget to supplement with calcium... Most owners I know dust with calcium, and even fish oil wherever possible. The oil helps with the shedding process, especially in captivity.

BIgjimmy

Gaston is a beauty!! I'll never get over the beauty of a young Tegu. Love the name!!

Agree with Nicodemus on food - but I'd add that as soon as frozen/thawed pinkies can be introduced the better. Don't forget to supplement with calcium... Most owners I know dust with calcium, and even fish oil wherever possible. The oil helps with the shedding process, especially in captivity.
What size do you recommend starting them on pinkies? How do you know when they are big enough?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
You'll be surprised! He/she looks ready to me!! They love ground turkey too - can't remember if that was said - just rolled up in about 1/2" size balls. It's easy to supplement the calcium in them, and never forget about water - ultra important. I would thaw out the pinkies in a bowl of hot water so they thaw in about 5-10 mins, then give them to him soaked. Keep fresh water available all the time. In my experience water is as important as the food.

Phlip5150

Note: put the frozen pinky in a zip lock bag before putting in hot water. If not the water can wash away the scent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam