• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

melenastic columbian??

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Meh, I saw that on there earlier...I can't believe how much he wants for it, especially considering it is really thin.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Matt, I don't know if you knew it or not, but there are no white tegus AKA snows, they are light colorerd albinos. Most pictures of the so called snows are doctored to make them look white.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
In this thread there is a picture of a tegu that is called a snow. I do not know if it is, or if it is an albino as I have not seen enough albinos to know what they usually look like.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thetegu.com/postlite5099-.html">http://thetegu.com/postlite5099-.html</a><!-- m -->

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
In this case, the term "snow" is propaganda used by people to influence others in paying more for an albino. If it were true, a snow tegu would be a cross between a tegu lacking white pigments (amelanism/albino) and a tegu lacking red pigments (anerythrism). In this case, the "snow" tegus are simply lighter version albino's like Bobby said.

BTW, that ad on KS was placed by Tom Crutchfield. Might be worth doing some reseach. That's all I'll say.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will say this, it is one dark Colombian, however I would not say it is melenastic. It is not all black, and that is what a melenastic tegu would need to be. So in my opinion, dark, yes, melenastic, no.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
First off I didn't know Columbians and Argentines would cross. Second who would want to anyway. That would just bring the price of Argentines down and make them mean as heck. I agree with Bob and the others Snows are just washed out Albinos.

AB^

5 Year Member
Here's my melanistic colombian, Im only asking $500

MelanisticTeguixin.jpg

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Wow, someone call him out on it, or something! Email him...I'm tempted to. Even just to mention that that tegu is not healthy looking at all. Poor thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980