• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mister or fogger?

Mike B

Hi all, my experience terra monsoon RS 400 took a crap on me. I have never used a fogger before, and I am looking for some input and preferences you all use. Any suggestions would be great. I have an 8x2x2 PVC and glass enclosure for my male Argentine red Clifford.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Acre

I don't use a fogger on my tegu but I do use one on my mangrove snake. It's a Walgreens ultrasonic humidifier hooked to a lamp timer. Fogs the whole cage 4 times a day. The two cost about $40. You might need to get a few pieces of PVC from Home Depot to channel the output from the humidifier.
Edited to say - just checked and they've gone up in price since I bought mine years ago but mine looks a lot like this one. A couple PVC elbows and a short straight piece funnel the mist into the cage.

Last edited:

Mike B

I don't use a fogger on my tegu but I do use one on my mangrove snake. It's a Walgreens ultrasonic humidifier hooked to a lamp timer. Fogs the whole cage 4 times a day. The two cost about $40. You might need to get a few pieces of PVC from Home Depot to channel the output from the humidifier.
Edited to say - just checked and they've gone up in price since I bought mine years ago but mine looks a lot like this one. A couple PVC elbows and a short straight piece funnel the mist into the cage.
Thank you for the input. I picked up a fogger. Figured I would change it up a a bit. Not 100% sold on it yet, as I think it is skipping cycles even though it has been programmed.

Tiarette

We use a mistking system for ours as we were warned some foggers may cause respiratory distress.
It works wonders in the 8x4x4 pvc and can pick up a cheap hygrometer to attach to it. It just depends on what you're looking for and how much you're wanting to spend.

Mike B

Thank you. I bought the evergreen pet supplies fogger. It was about 60$ and the zoo med environmental control 125$. So far, I am liking the fogger as Clifford does not drag his substrate all over the house because of a wetness from the misters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam