• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

more receptive?

got10

I noticed that there are many blue x red, B/W x red, and blue /bw crosses. Which of the three has females more receptive to crossing ? The reds ,blues or b/w?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
I've seen alot more BlueXRed crosses and I didn't see RedXb&w Crosses Until A Few Years Back That much And now there's been Extreme Giant X Blue Crosses And Also Red/Blue hybrid X Extreme Hybrids Which Were Produced By Bobby That Are His "All American" Tegus If Im Not Mistaken...

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think that the females are more receptive to one cross over another. In my opinion, it is the market and what people are interested in breeding.

A number of years back, there were few blues and blues x red were a big thing. Now that more blues are available, the blue x red hybrid doesn't seem to be as popular. I never thought that red x b/w hybrids were escpecially attractive because they were a muddy color. When I had a red male with a lot of white, I bred him to see what his hybrid offspring would look like and was very happy with the results. Same with the Extreme x blue. I think the breeder wanted to see what the offpring would look like. Bobby's All-Americans were actually an accident at first. As the story goes, one tegu got in with another tegu unintentionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602