• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

mostly black columbian

Shadowgamer21

Saw this add while just browsing out of boredom. I have not seen one this dark before so I thought I would post it.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=115&de=830261

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't spend that much on a colombian, they're only like $30-40 here for a "normal" one. He does look pretty neat though! I wonder what the starting asking price was

slideaboot

5 Year Member
That price has dropped CONSIDERABLY!

Wasn't it at like $2500? Or at least $2000? If that was an Argentine, it'd be snapped up in a SECOND (not by my broke-self)!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep when they first got him in he was $2500. Advertised as a great investment animal for breeding stock. I'm not surprised this lizard is still around, its way too much for an animal that isn't seen as being worth much. An all black red or blacka nd white i think would sell faster and for much more.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Crazy. I saw a dark one on Ben Siegel's auction go for about $100...tame adult. And I have Chester who is really dark, but I didn't pay $1000-$2000 for him.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya when i look at the pictures now this lizard is lightening up a bit around the sides. The first pictures he posted it did not have have hint of yellow. Now around the front legs its harding to show some yellowing. Still a cool find but i question the price.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've kept an eye on it and the price has gone done. The last time I talk to Josh,.. he said he could let it go for around 1000 :dodgy:,.. not gonna happen. But I can continue to wait and watch the price drop :).

They haven't posted any new pics,.. so far they just have 2 sets that they rotate out. One where it's in a cage and those with the white background.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=320#axzz1N14Lkwoz

M4A2E4

I remember seeing that guy a long time ago. I know Columbians aren't the most highly valued lizards in the world, but I'm actually quite surprised no one has picked it up yet.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
At those prices I'm not surprised at all. Colombians are not one of the higher valued tegus and with a lot of people they have a bad rep for being hard to work with. Even though there may not be many in captivity,.. that's wa..y too much money to be asking for it.

Even if it proves to be just a different color, pattern that can be passed on to offspring or a new subspecies. It would still fall under the Colombian category with Goldens.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
The price went down, i'll admit. But thats still really pricey if you ask me..... i'm still expecting Ashton to jump out anytime now..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced