• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Moving from SD to Maryland by car this Friday - EEK!

Tegu Ted

Hey! I have a 1.5 yo tegu who is just coming out of brimstone, eating just a little...I am moving from San Diego to Maryland this African and wanted to see what you all recommended for the trip. I have a 19x28x10 HDX bin that I plan on having in the bench seat of the 26ft Penske Truck I'm driving. I also have like 10 96Hr uni heat heat packs. I'm not even sure if he'll need heat packs since the truck should be relatively warm and they can regulate/boost their Temps a bit by themselves. He'll be brought into the hotel at night, and I'll offer him water, but do I offer him food on the trip? Fast him?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Cj

Tegu Ted

Out today!

Attachments

• 20220314_135220.jpg
    20220314_135220.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4

Nikki Gregory

Hey! I have a 1.5 yo tegu who is just coming out of brimstone, eating just a little...I am moving from San Diego to Maryland this African and wanted to see what you all recommended for the trip. I have a 19x28x10 HDX bin that I plan on having in the bench seat of the 26ft Penske Truck I'm driving. I also have like 10 96Hr uni heat heat packs. I'm not even sure if he'll need heat packs since the truck should be relatively warm and they can regulate/boost their Temps a bit by themselves. He'll be brought into the hotel at night, and I'll offer him water, but do I offer him food on the trip? Fast him?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Cj
So I just made a 13 hour trip with my gu and he actually had to stay in his transport bin for a couple extra days than expected because of enclosure issues but I was told he could have fruits or veggies before the trip but no meat since he wouldn't be basking and it could sit and rot in his gut. I kept blankets in. With him and kept the area he was in warm and he did awesome!

Tegu Ted

So I just made a 13 hour trip with my gu and he actually had to stay in his transport bin for a couple extra days than expected because of enclosure issues but I was told he could have fruits or veggies before the trip but no meat since he wouldn't be basking and it could sit and rot in his gut. I kept blankets in. With him and kept the area he was in warm and he did awesome!
Hooray, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam