• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mushrooms growing in substrate

marydd

Hello all! I found this mushroom looking thing in my tegu's cage. Does this happen to anyone else? Should I be worried? Or can I just pick them out when I see them. Not sure what kind. I use a coco fiber (from the pet store) and sand blend.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413151063528.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413151063528.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 75

sage

Idk if you should be worried but I grew mushrooms for a few years and they grow excellent in the coir and 70-100 percent humidity is ideal for mushrooms. All it takes is a few spores and they can grow in a month or less, but I've never had this issue in any of my reptile cages

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Never had this issue either. Are you sure it's a mushroom? Try changing out the substrate. Drying out what is in there now. If it's clean it should be reusable...

marydd

I had mushrooms grow in my mangrove monitor cage too. It's just such a pain to change the substrate and pricey.

triasbhai

I had mushrooms grow in my mangrove monitor cage too. It's just such a pain to change the substrate and pricey.
What you recommend to stay budget-friendly, I also want to start mushroom growing and looking to learn before starting and getting mushroom spores,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced