• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My 4 month old tegu hasn’t shed in over a month

ZillaTheTegu

I got a baby tegu 3 months ago she was shedding perfectly fine for the first 2 months then for some reason she just stopped I’ve noticed tiny bits of shed come off of her but not full body sheds her basking spot is 90 degrees and her humidity is at 80 during the day and 40 at night she eats and acts fine I got her when she was 10 inches shes 14 inches now and it’s seemed she’s grown even without shedding if that’s even possible but I am worried because I only have 2 pets my bearded dragon I’ve had for 6 years and my tegu so it would be heart breaking to lose her idk if anyone else has had this problem but it is really concerning because from what I’ve heard they shed every week or 2

Can I see a picture of her? If she’s a black n white and her white spots are looking more yellow, that indicates dead skin there. Try bathing and misting her. Make sure (like by research) that her temps and humidity are correct. What are you feeding her? Does she have both a hearing light and a UVB/vitamin d type light? The more I know the better I can help! Do you put calcium powder in her food??

ZillaTheTegu

52EFC57A-B03D-4317-A37E-7A3720AAF071.jpeg

This is her I brought her to the vet to get her chipped and they said she looked healthy her basking spot is at 85-90 and I mist the 30gal tank twice a day and the thermostat says it’s at 70-90 most of the day and I feed her eggs dubia roaches and quail eggs she hates veggies and fruits so sometimes I have to assist feed her those or else she wouldn’t eat them and yes I do have a tropical uvb light and a heat lamp she poops fine and acts aware I let her run around my room 20-30 mins a day for exercise and since she hasn’t been shedding I noticed really stuck shed on her legs so I’ve been using reptile shed aid and bathe her 15-20 mins a day so it’ll come off and it’s been working but she’s still not shedding it’s almost been 2 months and I asked the vet what I should do she said just to soak her but she gets her calcium and everything she needs I just don’t know what it could be because she has the right care I’ve owned a bearded dragon for 7 years and iguana so I’m experienced with reptiles and nothing like this has ever happened to me and nobody I’ve seen has had this problem so idk maybe it’s a disease or something but if you have any more suggestions please let me know. Thank you

View attachment 15921
This is her I brought her to the vet to get her chipped and they said she looked healthy her basking spot is at 85-90 and I mist the 30gal tank twice a day and the thermostat says it’s at 70-90 most of the day and I feed her eggs dubia roaches and quail eggs she hates veggies and fruits so sometimes I have to assist feed her those or else she wouldn’t eat them and yes I do have a tropical uvb light and a heat lamp she poops fine and acts aware I let her run around my room 20-30 mins a day for exercise and since she hasn’t been shedding I noticed really stuck shed on her legs so I’ve been using reptile shed aid and bathe her 15-20 mins a day so it’ll come off and it’s been working but she’s still not shedding it’s almost been 2 months and I asked the vet what I should do she said just to soak her but she gets her calcium and everything she needs I just don’t know what it could be because she has the right care I’ve owned a bearded dragon for 7 years and iguana so I’m experienced with reptiles and nothing like this has ever happened to me and nobody I’ve seen has had this problem so idk maybe it’s a disease or something but if you have any more suggestions please let me know. Thank you
Yeah, her color looks like she’s going to shed but clearly she hasn’t been. I really don’t know how to make shedding happen, you’re taking amazing care of her so I wouldn’t worry at all. It might be a winter thing, a type of hibernation where the shedding slows down. Don’t quote me on it though, I say don’t worry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi