• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

MY BOA NEEDS HELP!!!

ameivafan123

Hey guys. I bought a boa about 4 days ago and about a day ago I noticed that he was opening his mouth to breath. and I am 100% sure that he has respiratory infection. I DO NOT have a herp vet where I live. If you guys know about home remedies for treating the infection please let me know!! I do not want him to die!!!! :(

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Current temps and humidity?

I'd recommend bumping temps to 95 degrees for 2 days. It has worked for me in the past - but I don't want to say it's a sure fire cure.

ameivafan123

well I have a 100w heat bulb thats about 23 inches off the floor of the cage in the hot side. temp in the hot side is about 95 to 97F. Humidity is about 40 to 60%. and the cool side 80 to 85F. Im thinking of switching to an 75 W bulb on the hot side because the temp is a little to hot, or is it ok to be that hot?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i treated this a while ago, what i did was i took two storage bins, one big one, one small enough to fit inside the big one with space left over to set a small bowl or something in. what you do it boil water and pour it into the small container and mix in a spoonfull of vics vaporub and a few drops of eucalyptis oil.you put your animal in the small storage bin with hole and sit it in the bigger one. make sure there are breathing holes in that one. the bigger one should not have holes in it. you then set the bowl in the bin next to the bin with your snake and close the bin and wait around 20 min, open the bin up and check on the snake and close it for another 10 min and that should clear it right up. Pm me if you have any questions. =]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602