• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My first litter...ever!

Shannon

5 Year Member
My mice just gave birth 3 days ago... I got them about 5 weeks ago. I have 3 females with one male. Here are the babies!

95rkgm.jpg

...Too bad they're all pretty much feeders.
v3poxx.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Very nice looking litter of little stinkers. Raising your own is so much cheaper than buying them. I fed mine chicken scratch and they done well.

Shannon

5 Year Member
We pretty much just made sure one was a male, put him with the females, food and water. 3 weeks later...PINKIES! We didn't really do much at all besides clean the cage every few days.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
When I kept Colubrids I raised mice. The only bad thing about mice is they stink no matter how clean you keep their caging. The only thing I found that helped the smell was Vanilla extract added to their drinking water. Thats why I only raise rats now. But a person who can raise hundreds of mice can make money now days.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Congrats! We are actually breeding hamsters for food. The pinkies are for the leopard gecko breeders and on up are for the tegus. Mice are just too smelly and jumpy to deal with, plus not much fat content while rat babies would be too big and I'd get attached probably too quickly...lol...but hamsters I have no problem with. I'm not too fond of them. We currently only have one female and one male (we picked out some calmer ones, and my business partner deals with them) and are about to get probably just one more female. I tried mice once, they just kept killing each other. Hamsters it is! lol

Shannon

5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
When I kept Colubrids I raised mice. The only bad thing about mice is they stink no matter how clean you keep their caging. The only thing I found that helped the smell was Vanilla extract added to their drinking water. Thats why I only raise rats now. But a person who can raise hundreds of mice can make money now days.

Thats interesting. I didn't know about the vanilla extract trick. I'll have to get some and try that. Thanks for the information.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Shannon said:
Harveysherps said:

Thats interesting. I didn't know about the vanilla extract trick. I'll have to get some and try that. Thanks for the information.
Anytime glad to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi