• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new baby quince monitor PICS!!!!

Steven.

So i got my baby blue at the expo on saturday and my brother got this beautiful Quince Monitor on sunday. She's 3 weeks old and a CBB!!!.. We bought her from a couple he was talking to for awhile that breed their beautiful adults. We actually interacted with the adults for about an hour while they were giving us a tour of their house. Beautiful animals they were, and HUGE!, almost 4-5 feet. I would compare their temper to a well worked with sav or black throat. Not as calm as a tegu though. They were always moving. A little more big built than a tree monitor also. They showed us the enclosure, pics of the day they got their hatchlings and a pic for every month for the next 3 years lol. LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!.. Anyway, she a very calm little girl. Never no biting or tail whipping so far. You put your hand in the enclosure and she does try to climb the glass but as soon as you get your hands under her, she mellows out.

SO HERE IS SUNSHINE!!!!

2012-08-20132404.jpg

2012-08-20132421.jpg

2012-08-20132454.jpg

Look at her belly!!,

Any tips on raising her (feeding,taming,handling,enclosure etc.) would be AWESOME!. Feel free to ask questions and comment below. thanks guys.

Steven.

I knew there was something i forgot.. No i didn't take pics of the adults...my hands where kinda full..lol

sent from my phone to your eyes

Murkve

Very pretty! I wish I had the resources to keep a monitor, so I could interact with it and gain its trust. They're a lot like parrots, I'm told.

Steven.

No they were just local. My brother said he meet them at his job in petco. They were here in orlando for vacation. They said they had gotten 8 eggs but 4 were infertile. That was a month ago. Then he contacted them right couple days before we went to the daytona show and they said they had hatched.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would love to breed Melinus', they are one of my favorite monitors.

Steven.

Yeah shes very easy to handle and calms down very quick when being held. If this contiunes, she'll be an amazing adult.

Steven.

Gimme a sec. I'm having an issue with my tegu substrate james.. It keeps getting in his eyes.. i literally washed his face for about 1 minute because everytime he blinked eco earth came out... Any suggestions?.. I just put him in a sock and put him back in his enclosure.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry unless they look inflamed. In the wild I'm sure they get dirt in their eyes.

Steven.

He's had his eyes closed for a while before i saw it, he was walking around his enclosure and my hand just flicking his tongue without opening his eyes.. Nothing to worry? i'm uploading pics right now

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's not a whole lot you can do unless you get rid of the EcoEarth and use only Cypress mulch.

Steven.

This is the cage for now, she was in the 4x2x2 i have for sale, but she got lost in that. In 2 weeks we are going to repticon in orlando and picking up one of those exoterra cages..
2012-08-21205944.jpg

COOL SIDE-

2012-08-21205955.jpg

HOT SIDE-

2012-08-21210001.jpg

THIS IS WHERE SHE SLEEPS-

2012-08-21210024.jpg

She doesnt use hides, she just bury's herself all the time when she sleeps..

Basking temps get between 125-145 depending on where she goes in the light, there's also a 24" reptisun that goes on top of her cage during the day. So far every day she's spent outside in a 75 gallon tank. She's only in that cage to sleep in.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They can go downhill fast. One positive you have is you are in Florida, humidity shouldn't be an issue.

Steven.

Neither is heat. She up at 10am. She's feed and outside by 11am. then comes back in that cage by 9pm... My temps, 95-100 degrees throughout the day. Between 2-5pm there is rain and 5-8pm the sun goes down.. Thats her day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam