• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new Black Throat

Dana C

Well, I got my black throat girl today. I let her get out of the bag inside her set up. The trader, Riplee aka Wenjun Li, told me she would eat right out of the box and he was right. She ate an impossible amout of ground turkey, beef, liver and calcium supplements. She is about 30" long as near as I can guess.
I left her alone after that for a few hours. I went to her cage and she puffed up and hissed like a cobra. When I opened the sliding door, she stood up puffed up and was generally not liking me at first. She came to my hand licked a few times and backed off. I put my hand further in and got tail whipped for my effort. I put my hand in again and this time the tail whip was sort of whimpy. I waited with my hand in her enclosure for few minutes and slowly, while talking to her softly, stroked her head and jowls. She also let me stroke the underside of her chin. She actually closed her eyes at one point which I thought was a major thing. I have been in her room a couple more times today and she stands up and huffs, puffs and hisses but after a minute or two she calms down and approaches my hand. At one point, she came to my hand and lifted her head up so I assumed she wanted a under the neck rub which she did.

So far so good. I am totally smitten by her. Based upon the amount of food she is able to consume, she will be 18' in a few days. HAHAHA

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's impressive, now come on with the pics lol, do you know how old she is?

Riplee

5 Year Member
Dana C said:
Well, I got my black throat girl today. I let her get out of the bag inside her set up. The trader, Riplee aka Wenjun Li, told me she would eat right out of the box and he was right. She ate an impossible amout of ground turkey, beef, liver and calcium supplements. She is about 30" long as near as I can guess.
I left her alone after that for a few hours. I went to her cage and she puffed up and hissed like a cobra. When I opened the sliding door, she stood up puffed up and was generally not liking me at first. She came to my hand licked a few times and backed off. I put my hand further in and got tail whipped for my effort. I put my hand in again and this time the tail whip was sort of whimpy. I waited with my hand in her enclosure for few minutes and slowly, while talking to her softly, stroked her head and jowls. She also let me stroke the underside of her chin. She actually closed her eyes at one point which I thought was a major thing. I have been in her room a couple more times today and she stands up and huffs, puffs and hisses but after a minute or two she calms down and approaches my hand. At one point, she came to my hand and lifted her head up so I assumed she wanted a under the neck rub which she did.

So far so good. I am totally smitten by her. Based upon the amount of food she is able to consume, she will be 18' in a few days. HAHAHA

Just got home!Thanks! Dana. I am glad you love it.
Here is the AA I got today...

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 24
  • AA1.jpg
    AA1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
  • AA2.jpg
    AA2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 25

Dana C

reptastic said:
That's impressive, now come on with the pics lol, do you know how old she is?

Riplee told me is about a year and a half. I will post some pictures today but she is shedding so she might make the worst dressed at the Oscar's list. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602