• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My New Columbian Bruce Leezard

fortmyersherps

Got him this past Sunday from a local non chain pet store, he was being sold with one other under black and white tegu. i asked if they were columbian or argentine and was told " the guy we got them from said they were argentine. they deff were not. i should have done more research and encourage everyone else looking at tegus to do the same. im deff not unhappy with the decision, hes a very nice lizard. hes never shown aggression towards me. and he already ate crickets, ground turkey, and strawberries. He is a youngster so hes in a 40 gal breeder with two separate underground caves and lots of thing to explore.

Attachments

• 0213073649.jpeg
    0213073649.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 0214152008_01.jpeg
    0214152008_01.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 8

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site :) and congrats on the new addition.
Don't let the mellow vibe fool you just yet. As it starts to settle in that can change in a heart beat and you'll see the other side.

If that's a long rock across the middle make sure it's stabilized to where it can't fall on top of him once he starts digging around and rearranging things. I would also reccomend covering the sides and rear glass so that if or when it does freak out it doesn't try to run through the glass and possibly injur itself.

fortmyersherps

yea that whole mound is covering a cave, its really stable. safety first for my herps. first tegu tho, i keep cornsnakes aswell. and yeah im gonna cover them for sure. hes starting to settle in and get a daily routine down. which is wake up and climb outta the substrate, bask, run around a little, eat, bask, run around and back to basking until he decides its nap time again. his face is beginning to shed now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jungle Jamz