• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new dart frogs (pic)

Bentley83

5 Year Member
Here is a picture of one of my dart frogs. Its a Dendrobate auratus (black & blue). Hopefully I have a pair.

Attachments

• Black & Blue Auratus.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 7

Beazer

5 Year Member
Congrats! I love dart frogs! I just really suck at keeping vivarium plants alive lol.

-Jon DeLong

Jer723

5 Year Member
really, arent they hard to take care of, ive never tried to house plants cause i dont have amphibians but its hard?

Bentley83

5 Year Member
They are pretty easy to take care of. I have lost a few plants, but not a problem. I just replace them, There like a few dollars. but its easy. I have 9 dart frogs total and im getting a couple more this week. I have all different kinds well species. I have all dendrobates though. Would like to get some phyllobate terribilis and get some pumilio. Im planning on breeding them.

Chris

ZEKE

5 Year Member
do you have any D. azureus? dart frogs are near the top of my "want list" and i have an extra 18" cube exo terra that i am going to eventually use for them.

do you have any other colors of the D. auratus or just the blue and black? the blue and black are my favorite but could you keep different colors of them in the same cage? a display cage with all different colored dart frogs would be cool.

Bentley83

5 Year Member
Yes, I have D. Azureus. I had 3 but traded 2 for my auratus. But bought a adult female azureus. So, now I have a pair of azureus and I have been watchig them alot and found them in their coconut hut. All good signs I hope to have some tadpoles in the summer.

Chris

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome! are they hard to raise from tadpoles? would you be selling them? i might be interested in getting a few depending on if i can afford it at the time.

Bentley83

5 Year Member
I dont know yet about the tadpoles I will find out this summer or whenever I get eggs from my azureus. I hear its easy to raise and breed. I also, hear that its tricky so I will have to find out for myself. I see them alot in there coconut hut which is a good sign. But, I will let you know when I get eggs and wait until they hatch into tadpoles. They are in the tadpole stage for three months. To me they are easy to take care of.

Chris

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very cool Bentley... I'm in the process of setting up a divided tank that is 48" x 18" @ 13" tall as a Viv for azureus & auratus (Panamanian - Black & Green)...

Will hopefully add plants this weekend...

I've never kept PDFs before and have been poking around this forum for guidance - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dendroboard.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dendroboard.com</a><!-- m --> . Any imput you may have for a beginner would also be appreciated!

Best of luck at getting yours to breed and taking care of the tads/froglets!

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
Very cool Bentley... I'm in the process of setting up a divided tank that is 48" x 18" @ 13" tall as a Viv for azureus & auratus (Panamanian - Black & Green)...

Will hopefully add plants this weekend...

I've never kept PDFs before and have been poking around this forum for guidance - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dendroboard.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dendroboard.com</a><!-- m --> . Any imput you may have for a beginner would also be appreciated!

Best of luck at getting yours to breed and taking care of the tads/froglets!

good forum for denobrates Im a member there too :-D

Chris hows the the darts doing any froglets yet ?

JD

Bentley83

5 Year Member
No froglets yet, but would like some real soon though. I have 9 dart frogs, different kinds you woudl think one of my pairs would give me something.

Chris

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
Wow-that is so awesome! I always heard dart frogs are really hard to take care of so kudos to you!! The only ones I've ever seen up close were at my vets office-she had a divided tank with 5 different species that someone else was taking care of but something went wrong and all the frogs went home. I was so fascinated by those dart frogs!

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Bentley83 said:
No froglets yet, but would like some real soon though. I have 9 dart frogs, different kinds you woudl think one of my pairs would give me something.

Chris

bro I was hoping to get some froglets from you. trade ya GUs lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced