• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new hatchling!

Crisavina1

I got my little guy about two weeks ago from Carlos at Tropical reptiles FL and was born on the 17th of June so he’s still quite young. Any good tips to help with skiddiness? Darts in hides every time I stick my hand in or approach to fast. At first would walk right up but that changed. Also read apply my scent to things helps,
0A037B8F-AEA9-457E-9576-F775EBC87074.jpeg
best recommendations for putting my scent on things? Thank you guys! Also here’s a few pics :)

Attachments

• 8DF375E0-1CA6-48BF-8DAB-8BD3BBB3A306.jpeg
    8DF375E0-1CA6-48BF-8DAB-8BD3BBB3A306.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Put an old worn T-shirt in the enclosure.

Also just start sitting with your hand in, not to touch just for your gu to familiarise its self with you and your hand and become investigative.

moving closer over time.

Crisavina1

Put an old worn T-shirt in the enclosure.

Also just start sitting with your hand in, not to touch just for your gu to familiarise its self with you and your hand and become investigative.

moving closer over time.
Thanks I tried the hand things this morning and he would just huff and puff And hiss and whip me but not run away immediately. I just Hope I’m not scaring Him more and creating bad habits

rantology

Congrats! what a cutie! Each tegu has their own personality, some tame down very quickly and others will need year(s) of persistence. You will get there, just be patient and positive with him =) my 8 month old still isn't thrilled with me after trying to work with him for several months now. Males provide an extra bit of challenge as they are generally a little more... colorful.. during puberty than females.

Crisavina1

Congrats! what a cutie! Each tegu has their own personality, some tame down very quickly and others will need year(s) of persistence. You will get there, just be patient and positive with him =) my 8 month old still isn't thrilled with me after trying to work with him for several months now. Males provide an extra bit of challenge as they are generally a little more... colorful.. during puberty than females.
Great thank you for the advice :) honestly the coolest animal I’ve ever owned! They’re are so curious! :)

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks I tried the hand things this morning and he would just huff and puff And hiss and whip me but not run away immediately. I just Hope I’m not scaring Him more and creating bad habits

good advice Rantology

By Introducing yourself to him you can't be creating bad habbits........ After all you are the carer and have to build a relationship so your Gu is just going to have to learn to get along.
Maybe you reached a little bit too close?? you should be able to see posturing up (puffing up of the body to look big) and maybe a little bit of mouth gaping before an attack so if this happens don't go any closer. Plus if you can't even get your hand in, try just sitting next to it with the door open everyday day and talking for a week and try the hand thing again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced