• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my tegu eat her tail!

Witch

It is so scary for me, because when I came home, I saw my tegu cut her tail off. And I have cleaned her enclosure and her tail. meanwhile, put some antibioticointment on her tail. Right now, my tegu is eating her tail and skin. so I just wonder why tegu cut and eat her tail. Did I do something wrong with her? feeding wrong food or something. I gave some food for her and she does not care, and eat her tail continuously.

Zyn

Was black looking ? Layers of old shed might of cut off blood to the tail and she took it off no idea here really just guesses I've never heard of something like this

Witch

Thanks for your reply. she is fine at present, but she is too scary to eat her food in front of me. I swear I did nothing with her. God know what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced