• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My tegu has MBD

Danieldmcl

We brought our tegu to the vet today and he has mbd and a bit off a deformation in his tail, they said it might straighten a bit as he grows but he has been given a calcium injection and calcium supplement to be syringed into his mouth and reptiboost to give him electrolytes and glucose when bathing to give him an energy boost, was also given pain killers and special food really high in protein and vitamins aswell, he is not eating at the moment but as soon as he is he will be then fed pinky mice too. Im just posting this for people to see his progress over the next month so people know whats involved and also if anyone can give me any helpful info aswell. Hopefully we will get ralph back up and running as soon as possible

Attachments

• 20190113_131727.jpg
    20190113_131727.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 82

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that ......I'd also be giving him some cod liver oil as an extra suppliment too;)

Danieldmcl

sorry to hear that ......I'd also be giving him some cod liver oil as an extra suppliment too;)
What just like a few licks off it? Hes 2 days into his oral calcium now probably be a week or so before i see any progress physically, it could be just me but i think his white colours are brightening up. Im just worried because he is not eating at the moment and i need to get fuzzies into him. I think we caused it by too much phosphorus in his diet

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just buy the capsules and break one over his food...but he might lick a bit off a spoon or fire a bit in his mouth with a syringe.

also try organ meats and fish, theres a good food list on this site to try.

Danieldmcl

I just buy the capsules and break one over his food...but he might lick a bit off a spoon or fire a bit in his mouth with a syringe.

also try organ meats and fish, theres a good food list on this site to try.
Oh ok thanks, i have syringes there anyway for him, i will try chicken hearts soon but ag the moment im just trying to get the calcium into him because he is turning his nose to food, thanks anyway

Zyn

Do you have UVB set up? What caused it in the first place? Has he been eating whole prey items

Danieldmcl

He has had uvb 100 the whole time we had him and bulbs had been changed after about 4 months. I think it was caused mostly by too much phosporus from too many morio worms. And the bulb might have been slightly a bit high. No he wasnt being fed any whole prey but i see now thats what i have to do.
He is gettin liquod calcium now and have gotten frozen fuzzies but he is not eating at the moment.

Guman

Except about a year journey back to a healthier tegu. I suggest force feeding him the Oxbow diet, I added a picture. It will take two people to feed. Next, I recommend switching to Arcadia lights 14%. Feeding whole pray is a must! I have a baby who developed MBD over a year ago and whole pray helped get him back on his feet after suffering multiple prolapses. We received great food from Haretoday and the sardines are high in Ca+ and the smell helped to stimulate his feeding response. Also, could you please give more information on your setup and daily care since your gu has been ill?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190225-161721_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190225-161721_Chrome.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 36

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980