• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu Will Not Eat!!!!!

mrplatnium

5 Year Member
I dont know whats wrong with my red tegu. About two weeks ago he started eating less, and about a week ago he completly stopped eating. I dont know what's wrong. He used to wanna eat almost everyday and now nothing. He is losing weight rapidly and he used to be healthy and fat. I always give him fresh water and clean his tank whenever he goes to the bathroom. I checked his mouth and there is no infection or problem. Can anybody tell me whats wrong with my tegu? Please try to answer me as soon as possible. Thank You.

Jer723

5 Year Member
If their tail base is still round and fat, The tegu still has extra fat, If she doesnt you could go to a vet and get carnivore care reptile food, or you can get activia yogurt for your tegu, Ive heard that both of these stimulate Appetite, Try feeding those and keep us posted! Best of luck,

Jerry

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I would take your Tegu to the vet as soon as you can. I also would get a stool sample done. Please keep us posted.

mrplatnium

5 Year Member
Well i took my tegu to the vet and she did not really know much about them. She gave me some carnivore diet and i have to feed my tegu through a syringe. He doesnt really like it but he takes it down. The vet also took a blood sample and gave him some fluid for dehydration. She also commented that he had absolutely nothing wrong with his mouth. Ill keep giving him the supplement and ill keep everybody posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam